Ultimate Control Over Ableton
Launch Control XL is the ultimate controller for Ableton Live. It helps you focus more on your music and less on your laptop, by providing 16 buttons, 24 knobs and eight faders, all of which integrate seamlessly with Live to give you total hands-on control.
When combined with Launchpad S’s intuitive 64-button grid, this provides extraordinary simultaneous control over Ableton Live’s session view, mixer, effects and instruments. Crafting the perfect mix has never been easier!
- Get immediate hands-on control over Ableton Live
- Tweak your sound using 24 knobs with multicoloured indicators
- Enhance your live performance by combining with Launchpad S
- Get precise control over your levels with eight rugged faders
- Create your own control layouts by freely assigning any control to any function in Ableton
- Take it anywhere: it’s tough enough to handle any live situation
- Plug straight into Mac, PC or iPad and start performing
- 16 multi-colour buttons for immediate track focus and key mixer controls
- Includes Ableton Live Lite software and Loopmasters sample collection
- Control all MIDI-compatible iOS software via Camera Connection Kit
Focus on Your Music Production
Spend less time peering at your screen by using hands-on controls that integrate seamlessly with Ableton Live. The 24 knobs are arranged in three rows, which align perfectly with Ableton Live’s mixer. They also have multicoloured LEDs that illuminate to distinguish between sends, EQs or any other device. Eight rugged 60mm faders offer high-precision control over your levels, while 16 multi-colour offer immediate track focus and mixer control.
Create Your Own Control Layouts
Assign your buttons, knobs and faders to any parameters within Ableton to make you own layouts. You can even customise knobs with your own colours, and effortlessly switch between your own mappings and Live's built-in functionality. Crafting the perfect mix has never been easier!
Enhance Your Live Performance
Experience an unprecedented level of freedom when playing live, by combining with a Launchpad S to control Abletons’s session view. Trigger clips, play drum racks, and control your mixer, effects and instruments all at the same time. You can even combine multiple units for some serious modular mayhem!
Easily Carry It Around
Tough, slim and designed for gigging, you can slip Launch Control XL into your backpack and put it through the most demanding live situations. It’s also fully USB bus powered, so you can plug in and play without even needing a power supply.
Connect to Just About Anything
Simply plug into Mac, Windows or iOS and start performing. You can even control all MIDI-compatible iOS music software; all you need is a Camera Connection Kit.
Total integration with Ableton Live’s mixer and devices
24 high-quality knobs with multi-colour indicators
Combines with Launchpad S to create the ultimate performance combo
Eight 60mm faders for precision level adjustment
Fully customisable with the included software editor
Bus powered and no drivers needed
16 multi-colour buttons for immediate Track Focus and key mixer controls
Make music out of the box with included Ableton Live Lite software and Loopmasters sample collection
Videos and Tutorials
Launch Control XL Performance Video
Launch Control XL Performance explained
Launch Control XL Performance feat. Ill Factor
Launch Control XL feat. Ill Factor explained
Product Hardware Specifications
- Knobs: 24 rotary pots
- Faders: Eight 60mm Faders
- 24 assignable buttons
- 2 template switch buttons
- 26 LEDs in the buttons and 24 LEDs under the knobs
- Kensington security slot
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7
- iOS 7, 6
- USB-MIDI class compliant
- Live 9.1.3 or later required (As with all new products with Ableton Live support, Ableton provide support only for the latest version of the latest generation of Live)
- 239mm width x 239mm depth x 22mm height (39mm inc knobs)
Product Power Requirements
- Launch Control is powered via USB bus power
What's in the box?
- Launch Control XL
- Printed Quick Start Guide
- 1.5 metre orange USB cable
- Ableton Live Lite 9
- MIDI Controller Editor software
- 1 GB of Loopmasters sample content