Impulse 25 49 61
Get More Creative
Impulse is our ultra-responsive and expressive keyboard with loads of fully assignable controls. Designed for people who love to play keys, it's a pleasure to play and integrates seamlessly with Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Pro Tools and other major music software.
Our Most Expressive Keyboard
We specifically designed the Impulse keyboard to let you create truly expressive performances. Ultra-responsive with semi-weighted action and aftertouch, its full-size piano style keys adapt perfectly to any instrument you want to play, including organs, synths and pianos.
While you’re playing, our unique High Rate Scan (HRS) technology will scan the keyboard 10,000 times per second to capture every nuance of your performance.
You can choose between a 61, 49 and 25-key version of Impulse. The only difference is that the 25-key sacrifices its faders to make it easier to carry around.
Produce Better Music
Mix and sculpt your sound using endless smooth-action knobs, low-profile 45mm faders, loads of buttons and a custom LCD screen. All controls work seamlessly with major music software and can be mapped to any parameter.
It's so easy to use - everything's just assigned to everything. So simple.
Jimmy Mac, Keys - Lorde
Do More with Your Drum Pads
Play drums in real time with pressure-sensitive pads for rolling beats, looping drum samples and designing arpeggios. These pads also function as multicoloured clip launchers in Ableton Live, so you can tell whether clip is loaded (yellow), playing (green), or recording (red).
Connect To Just About Anything
Impulse is class-compliant and USB bus-powered, so you can simply plug it into Mac or Windows and get started straight away, without the need for a power supply.
Impulse is gig-ready, too; 5 pin MIDI outputs allow you to connect to your favourite synth or module.
“One of the best MIDI controllers on the market.”
“It's small, portable, efficient, and, with the automap, is a pleasure to work with.”
“This is a great controller that generally integrates well with most DAWs straight out of the box.”
“With its very responsive keys, full complement of controls, and plug-and-play integration with major DAWs and plug-ins, the Impluse is simply an outstanding value.”
“...the impulse has a good feature set both as an instrument and a performance controller and is sufficiently equipped for navigating a Live session.”
Make Music Straight Out of the Box
Ableton Live Lite comes in the box and integrates seamlessly with all the controls to provide:
- Mixer control (all channels)
- Transport control
- Clip launch (using Impulse's back-lit drum pads)
- Scene launch
- Plug-in/Device control
You’ll also get an impressive library of free samples from Loopmasters, as well as our Bass Station software plug-in, which recreates the sound of the legendary analogue bass synthesiser.
Impulse also gives you instant hands-on control of other major music software, including:
- Pro Tools: Mixer control (all channels), Transport control
- Logic: Mixer control (all channels), Transport control, Plug-in instrument/effects control (instant control of Logic's own plug-ins and 3rd party VST/AU plug-ins)
- Cubase: Mixer control (all channels), Transport control, Plug-in instrument/effects control
- Reason/Record: Mixer control, Transport control, Instant control of rack devices (Thor, Dr Octo Rex etc.)
- Cakewalk/Sonar: Mixer control (all channels), Transport control, Plug-in VST instrument/effects control
The keys are just right for me too (not too weighty) and overall it's an awesome looking keyboard.
Amir Amor, Rudimental
Now expanded from 1GB to a whopping 4GB, the Loopmasters sample library included with every Novation Launch, SL and Impulse keyboard is packed with professional quality, royalty-free loops and one-shots, plus three fully multisampled Simpler-based instruments for Ableton Live 9: Acoustic Piano, Electric Piano and Organ.
Encompassing all contemporary genres – from blues, funk and hip-hop to bass, techno and all flavours of house – and taking in a huge range of electronic and acoustic instrumentation, it’s everything you need to start making music today!
Create Expressive Performances
Ultra-responsive, full-size, piano keyboard with semi-weighted action and aftertouch.
Accurately Capture Your Playing
Our unique High Rate Scan (HRS) technology scans your keyboard 10,000 times per second to capture every nuance of your performance.
Easily Assign All Controls
Easily control all major music software, including Ableton Live, Logic and Pro Tools, with Automap for instant hands-on DAW, instrument and plug-in control.
Shape Your Sound
Endless smooth-action knobs, low-profile faders, assignable buttons and LCD feedback display for directly shaping your sound.
Do More with Your Drum Pads
Velocity-sensitive pads for rolling and looping beats, designing arpeggios and launching clips in Ableton Live.
Tough Enough to Tour
Solid and tough enough to handle the most demanding live situations.
Plug-In and Play
Fully class compliant and USB bus-powered, so you can plug in and play on Mac or Windows without a power supply or drivers.
Make Music Immediately
Comes with Ableton Live Lite, Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in, and a huge collection royalty-free samples from Loopmasters.
Product Hardware Specifications
- 25, 49 or 61 note velocity sensitive piano style keyboard with assignable aftertouch
- 8 multi-colour large backlit velocity sensitive drum pads
- 8 endless encoders (infinite rotation)
- 9 sliders (49 & 61 note) 1 slider (25 note)
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 2 octave / transpose buttons
- Custom blue-backlit LCD display
- 6 function buttons (4 with LED indicators)
- 4 control switch buttons with LEDs (49 & 61 note) 3 control switch buttons with LEDs (25 note)
- 9 mute / solo buttons plus toggle button (49 & 61 note)
- Arpeggiator with tap tempo and roll
- USB socket
- DC power socket
- Sustain pedal 1/4” jack socket
- Expression pedal 1/4” jack socket
- MIDI In and MIDI Out din sockets
- Kensington security slot
Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
If you already have Ableton Live it must be version 8 or greater to work with Impulse. We recommend that you update to the latest version as previous versions of Ableton Live do not include the Impulse integration. Impulse will also work as a standard MIDI controller.
Automap DAW and plug-in control software
- Works with Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton, Cubase, Reason/Record, Sonar and more
- Includes editable QWERTY support for hardware controls
- A library of mappings for hundreds of plug-ins is available
- Automap works with VST and AU plug-ins, as well as RTAS and TDM plug-ins
Automap with Pro-Tools does not include AAX plugin control
- Fully USB bus powered
Power supply not included
- Impulse 25: 525mm (20.6”) length x 332mm (13”) depth x 100mm (3.94”) height
- Impulse 49: 864mm (33.3”) length x 332mm (13”) depth x 100mm (3.94”) height
- Impulse 61: 1022mm (40.2”) length x 332mm (13”) depth x 100mm (3.94”) height
OS compatibilty not relevant for this product range/type