Impulse 25 49 61
Get More Creative
Impulse is our ultra-responsive and expressive keyboard with heaps of fully assignable controls. Designed for people who love to play keys, it's a pleasure to play, integrates seamlessly with Ableton Live and works brilliantly with other major music making software too.
Our Most Expressive Keyboard
We specifically designed the Impulse keyboard to let you create truly expressive performances. It’s ultra-responsive with semi-weighted action and assignable aftertouch, and its lovely chunky keys make it a perfect balance between a piano and a synth.
While you’re playing, our unique High Rate Scan (HRS) technology will also scan the keyboard 10,000 times per second to capture your performance as accurately as possible.
You can choose between a 61, 49 and 25-key version of Impulse. The only difference is that the 25-key sacrifices its faders to make it easier to carry around.
Produce Better Music
Mix and sculpt your sound using smooth knobs, chunky faders, loads of buttons and a custom LCD screen, all of which work seamlessly in any major music software.
Impulse's MIDI connections mean you can also control the rest of your plug-ins, instruments and effects, including Native Instruments, Waves, FXpansion and Garage Band.
It's so easy to use - everything's just assigned to everything. So simple.
Jimmy Mac, Keys - Lorde
Do More with Your Drum Pads
Create unique sequences and rhythms using pressure-sensitive drum pads to trigger arpeggios, launch clips, and warp and roll beats. These pads also function as multicoloured clip launchers, so you can tell whether the clip is loaded (yellow), playing (green), or recording (red).
Connect To Just About Anything
Impulse is class-compliant and USB bus-powered, so you can simply plug it into Mac or Windows and get started straight away, without the need for a power supply.
“One of the best MIDI controllers on the market.”
“It's small, portable, efficient, and, with the automap, is a pleasure to work with.”
“This is a great controller that generally integrates well with most DAWs straight out of the box.”
“With its very responsive keys, full complement of controls, and plug-and-play integration with major DAWs and plug-ins, the Impluse is simply an outstanding value.”
“...the impulse has a good feature set both as an instrument and a performance controller and is sufficiently equipped for navigating a Live session.”
Make Music Straight Out of the Box
Ableton Live Lite comes in the box and integrates seamlessly with all the controls to provide:
- Mixer control (all channels)
- Transport control
- Clip launch (using Impulse's back-lit drum pads)
- Scene launch
- Plug-in/Device control
You’ll also get an impressive library of free samples from Loopmasters, as well as our Bass Station software plug-in, which recreates the sound of the legendary analogue bass synthesiser.
Impulse also gives you instant hands-on control of other major music software, including:
- Pro Tools: Mixer control (all channels), Transport control
- Cubase: Mixer control (all channels), Transport control, Plug-in instrument/effects control
- Logic: Mixer control (all channels), Transport control, Plug-in instrument/effects control (instant control of Logic's own plug-ins and 3rd party VST/AU plug-ins)
- Reason/Record: Mixer control (all channels), Transport control, Instant control of rack devices (Thor, Dr Octo Rex etc.)
- Sonar: Mixer control (all channels), Transport control, Plug-in VST instrument/effects control
The keys are just right for me too (not too weighty) and overall it's an awesome looking keyboard.
Amir Amor, Rudimental
Create Expressive Performances
Ultra-responsible keyboard with semi-weighted action, assignable aftertouch and chunky piano-style keys.
Accurately Capture Your Playing
Our unique High Rate Scan (HRS) technology scans your keyboard 10,000 times per second to capture truly accurate performances.
Produce Music Even Faster
Easily control all major music software, including Ableton Live, Logic and Pro Tools, with Automap for instant hands-on DAW, instrument and plug-in control.
Shape Your Sound
Smooth knobs, precise faders, assignable buttons and LCD feedback display for directly shaping your sound.
Do More with Your Drum Pads
Create unique sequences and rhythms using eight multicoloured, pressure-sensitive drum pads to trigger arpeggios, launch clips, and warp and roll beats.
Tough Enough to Tour
Solid and tough enough to handle the most demanding live situations.
Connect To Just About Anything
Fully class compliant and USB bus-powered, so you can plug in and play on Mac or Windows without the need for a power supply or drivers.
Make Music Immediately
Comes with Ableton Live Lite and a huge collection of production-ready samples from Loopmasters.
Create Deep, Fat Synth Lines
Comes with Bass Station software, the virtual version of our iconic analogue synth.
Product Hardware Specifications
- 25, 49 or 61 note velocity sensitive piano style keyboard with assignable aftertouch
- 8 multi-colour large backlit velocity sensitive drum pads
- 8 endless encoders (infinite rotation)
- 9 sliders (49 & 61 note) 1 slider (25 note)
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 2 octave / transpose buttons
- Custom blue-backlit LCD display
- 6 function buttons (4 with LED indicators)
- 4 control switch buttons with LEDs (49 & 61 note) 3 control switch buttons with LEDs (25 note)
- 9 mute / solo buttons plus toggle button (49 & 61 note)
- Arpeggiator with tap tempo and roll
- USB socket
- DC power socket
- Sustain pedal 1/4” jack socket
- Expression pedal 1/4” jack socket
- MIDI In and MIDI Out din sockets
- Kensington security slot
Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
If you already have Ableton Live it must be version 8 or greater to work with Impulse. We recommend that you update to the latest version as previous versions of Ableton Live do not include the Impulse integration. Impulse will also work as a standard MIDI controller.
Automap DAW and plug-in control software
- Works with Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton, Cubase, Reason/Record, Sonar and more
- Includes editable QWERTY support for hardware controls
- A library of mappings for hundreds of plug-ins is available
- Automap works with VST and AU plug-ins, as well as RTAS and TDM plug-ins
Automap with Pro-Tools does not include AAX plugin control
- Fully USB bus powered
Power supply not included
- Impulse 25: 525mm (20.6”) length x 332mm (13”) depth x 100mm (3.94”) height
- Impulse 49: 864mm (33.3”) length x 332mm (13”) depth x 100mm (3.94”) height
- Impulse 61: 1022mm (40.2”) length x 332mm (13”) depth x 100mm (3.94”) height