An opportunity has arisen to join a fun and sociable Marketing Team at Focusrite – a ‘Top 100 Company’ to work for, who provide great benefits to all staff including encouragement and opportunity for further learning.
The role is within the Online Team who are responsible for a variety of systems across multiple platforms serving the whole company. These include high profile websites in multiple languages, software delivery mechanisms, a technical knowledge base and internal user interfaces for database interrogation.
The Online Team also serve the company by bringing to fruition global and territory-specific sales and marketing initiatives and identifying opportunity to grow brand and product awareness by utilizing the latest technology.
The role would suit someone with 2-5 years commercial experience with a passion for web development, an interest in database architecture and the eagerness to further develop a commercial career in a sociable environment.
The role requires someone with self-motivation and the ability to work across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. At any one time this person will have a combination of projects and smaller tasks.
- Good written English skills required for final proof reading of web copy, system documentation and customer-facing support.
The following, ideally supported by an online portfolio and examples of application:
- HTML / CSS (ideally including some HTML5 / CSS3)
Advantageous technical skills
- Experience of Drupal or other PHP / MySQL-based CMS
- Browser and device compatibility
- Experience in creation of test cases and testing
- Software activation / online delivery mechanisms including some customer support
- Server and database administration
- Back end maintenance and development of Drupal 7 installations
- System documentation
- Internal PHP systems
- Migration of old systems, databases and servers
- Driving continual improvement in all internal and customer facing systems