Focusrite has many products in the market and introduce several more each year under the Focusrite and Novation Brands. Our products, such as audio interfaces and synthesizers, are used by top performers and music studios. All our products are designed in the UK, and manufactured in the UK and China.
The strong year-on-year growth of the company has required the creation of this new full-time role at our Head Office in High Wycombe. This role will form part of the Project Management team, and reports to the Programme Manager.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for managing the development and delivery process for new electronic hardware and PC/Mac/iOS software products, across the Focusrite and Novation portfolio, ensuring consistent excellence in Quality, Ease of Use, and Reliability.
- Apply and manage the Focusrite Project System (FPS), with level one project delivery plans, and detailed stage plans with deliverables and review gates.
- Work closely with the market segment teams, planning and coordinating the stage deliverables from Product Concept Validation through to 1st Customer Ship. Project ownership will be for the entire process “End to End”, including deliverables from Product Management, R&D, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Customer Service.
- Be responsible for estimating project costs, tracking the project performance measures (schedule/cost/quality), and reporting status regularly to the Programme Manager.
- Contribute as part of the Project Management team, to the successful delivery of the full project programme.
Deliverables & Measures
- Project Delivery (New Product Initiatives)o Successfully deliver multiple parallel projects, to the approved schedules, and to the cost and quality targets.
- Author and maintain project planning and strategy documentation. Project wikis, schedules, and meeting notes, documented and kept up to date for review and on going reference.
- Plan, lead, and minute work shop meetings and project end stage reviews, as required to execute the project plan. Ensure that the project teams have successfully completed all stage deliverables
- Work closely with the cross functional delivery teams, managing priorities and resolving work load conflicts.
- Deliver weekly project status reports, with all project risks and exceptions highlighted clearly and concisely, for presentation to Programme Manager and Project Executive.
- Produce monthly cost trend reports, with any over/under spend identified, and corrective actions defined.
- Project Management Process Improvement
- As part of a team of Project Managers, contribute to the successful delivery of the company’s project programme.
- Share project learnings with the team, and learn and reapply from other projects, driving continuous improvement in all areas of project delivery.
- Own a part of the Focusrite Project System, and deliver improvement initiatives that optimise our process, department efficiency and results.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level education.
- 2-3 years experience as a Project Manager, able to demonstrate capability to deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in MSProject and MSOffice, with excellent documentation and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, identify critical path activities, and resolve resource constraints.
- A technical engineering background, would be a significant advantage. Ability to understand and assess the schedule and risk, in the planning and delivery of electronic hardware and software projects.
- Interest in music and the music industry, would be a significant advantage.
Location and Work hours
- Role based at the company Head of Office in High Wycombe
- Hours of work are 9.30 am to 6 pm weekdays.
- The nature of the role precludes working from home.
- No travel as part of the core role execution.
- Occasional one off trips, to a local or international trade show or production vendor, may be required.
We are searching for an experienced QA Manager to ensure our products meet the high standards our customers expect. Reporting to the R&D Manager, you’ll be part of our product team designing and building new Focusrite and Novation products, and maintaining support for existing ones. You’ll be responsible for our QA approach, activities, processes and tools. Most importantly you'll manage and mentor our growing QA team, working with them to deliver robust test strategies and products.
Skills & Requirements
An ideal candidate would be:
- An experienced QA Manager with a product development background
- Expert in electronics, firmware and software testing techniques
- Able to see the big picture, but with an eye for detail
- A proven people manager - clear, supportive and diligent
- Passionate and knowledgeable about audio and music making!
We’re looking for significant experience both with QA and management. A degree in science or engineering is not essential, however the ability to demonstrate a rigorous, scientific approach is crucial. A track record of delivering high quality consumer electronics will help you stand out.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to step into a new role within a rapidly-growing development team. The aim of this role is to further establish and develop the development team within the company. The role includes managing and developing an internal development team responsible for systems including multilingual customer facing websites, ecommerce, software activation and deliver, customer databases, internal lookup systems and much more. The role also includes representing the team within the company and ensuring projects are managed, delivered and communicated to a high standard.
The ideal person for this role will be exceptionally organised, energetic and proactive. They must also have experience in people management. The company is fast-paced so adaptability and managing multiple high-intensity projects is key. The current team is social and geeky and proud of it!
- Line management of development team and multiple contractors
- Process and manage incoming work requests (bugs . feature requests and other outside project work) including the use of Kanban
- Project scoping, planning, management, documentation and reporting
- Future project road-mapping
- Resource planning including internal and external
- Customer engagement in project spec phases and progress communication
- Drive development process documentation
- Manage relationships with internal customers
- Reporting (project, monthly and performance)
- Budget control and reporting
Skills and experience
- Background in web and/or online system development (five years +)
- Proven ability to manage and develop a team
- Experience in managing contractors and budgets
- Strong communication skills including process documentation and expectation management of multiple stakeholders
- Experience in taking small and large projects from a scoping phase through to implementation
We're looking for an outstanding software developer to join our software team. You'll work with us to specify, design and build new products. You'll evaluate new technologies, adopt and refine new working practices; and most importantly write lucid, high performance, maintainable code which will form the backbone of new product ranges.
You'll also help us maintain our portfolio, from iOS apps to the desktop (via DSP algorithms, VST plugins and web applications) - but don't worry, we don't expect you to be an expert in all of them!
An ideal candidate would be:
- Experienced in audio, music and application software
- Familiar with a variety of programming languages, platforms and operating systems (C++ and iOS experience essential, Windows, OS X, Cocoa and C# also desirable)
- An excellent designer, debugger and problem solver
- A clear communicator
- Pragmatic, curious and flexible
- Passionate about programming, music and sound
Come and help us build amazing apps!
This role assumes direct responsibility for the financial performance (both revenue and contribution) of the global Focusrite RedNet business. As the linchpin of the global RedNet team this individual will define and then implement, utilising the experience and passion of a wider team, the RedNet Sales and Marketing strategy, such that it achieves or exceeds the Sales plan.
- Develop and implement the global RedNet Sales & Marketing strategy
- Develop annual RedNet sales budgets with revenue and contribution
- Deliver or exceed the planned revenue and contribution
- Run and disseminate re-forecasts based on up-to-date information
- Drive Sales Managers and Product Specialists to secure RedNet sales through the sales channel
- Work with the Product Manager to propagate knowledge of the RedNet system throughout the organisation and sales channel
- Work with the Marcomms Category Manager to ensure an effective marketing strategy is devised and realised
- Work with the Operations team to ensure that the right mix of products is available in the right locations at all times.
Skills and Experience:
- Sales and Marketing professional with 10+ years experience in selling to the Pro Audio / Broadcast / Live Sound / Post Production industries at a senior level
- Widely-recognized and trusted expert in these key industry sectors
- Proven Sales and Marketing track record
- Extensive contacts with key purchase decision makers in the industry
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to resolve issues and overcome objections efficiently and diplomatically.
- Strong Pro Audio technical background
- Comfortable with regular international travel
If you don't see anything that quite suits your skill-set but you think we should know about you, especially if you have original and commercially viable product ideas (hard or software) or any other attribute you think we'd be mad to ignore, we want to hear from you. Submit a C.V. here which will be handed to the relevant person in your area of interest and if we think we can find space for you, one of our team will email you directly.